Privacy Notice for Fare Value Ltd t/a Fair2Landlords
First of all we have a zero tolerance spam policy. We disapprove and would never cooperate with, endorse or be involved in spamming.
Secondly the law requires a written clear notice about the information that we may collect and hold about you. Therefore it is set out below and it will be honoured.
In plain English:
- We may hold Bank Details details or financial information to be used only in respect of the payment of fees and rent
- If you leave a comment on the site then others may be able to contact you.
- You will always be able to unsubscribe from any email list we have
- No information we hold will be provided to any third party for marketing purposes.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information i.e. any information that can identify you as a natural person
1 What information do we collect?
There are 7 categories of individuals from whom we collect personal information.
- Potential tenants ….name, email and phone for replying to requests
- Trades….name, phone, bank details and email for delivery of goods, services or equipment for property maintenance purposes and payment.
- landlords….name, phone, bank details and email for the purpose of providing services
- Staff...name, address, phone, bank details and email for payroll purposes and legal compliance.
- Professionals...name, address, phone, bank details and email for payment purposes and provision of services for us and tenants.
- Company information….name, address, occupation and date of birth for legal compliance.
We collect, store and use the following kinds of information:
- Information necessary to provide our services and complete projects including tenancies and property management
- Log Files
- Like many other Web sites, our site makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information.
- Such information cannot be used to identify any natural person
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and we will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted by you, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We may also embed photos and video content from websites like YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from other websites like YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from that website. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about those cookies.
We do not control the dissemination of Third Party Cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
You can visit https://www.aboutcookies.org
for comprehensive information on how to manage or block cookies on a variety of browsers. If you want to manage or block cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you may need to refer to the manual of your handset.
3 Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this website or through us working with you will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or in relevant parts of the website.
We may also use your personal information to:
- administer the website and the business;
- Inform local authorities, insurers and utility providers.
- Prepare accounts and invoices
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website or the business
- Send you email notifications;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose and store your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in performance of our services;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
5 International data transfers
Our server may not be in the same country as you or us. And from time to time we may choose to host the site on a server anywhere in the world. At present our server is in the UK.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
6 Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. Our site does however have an SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer
) which is an encryption technology that creates a secure connection between the server this website is hosted on and the visitors browser.
It allows the information to be protected during the transmission between the two and not be intercepted by hackers.
In addition the server and this website have separate firewalls and the site is backed up regularly.
The Data Controller has information kept on the business computers which have anti virus
7 Privacy amendments
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
8 Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. However this will only be the information you have supplied voluntarily for the purposes set out above to enable us to run the business and provide our services.
You have the right to update such information and/or to ask that such information no longer be used or processed. Use the contact us page and see the notice there.
Other rights are mentioned in other parts of this notice. Nothing herein limits or excludes those rights and you always have the right to make a complaint or report to the supervising authority which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office whose website is https://ico.org.uk
9 Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy notices or practices of third party websites.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email through the Contact Us page.
It will be dealt with by the Data Controller namely Fare Value Ltd t/a Fair2Landlords